Doctors at CIMAR
|Designation||:||Head of department of OBG, Unit Director - CIMAR|
|Qualification||:||MBBS, MD, DGO|
Dr K K GOPINATHAN MD, DGO
- Under Graduation : Belgam Medical Colleage
- Post Graduation : Calicut & Trivandrum Medical college
- Started service as civil surgeon in health service Kerala
- Presently Executive Director - Edappal Hospitals Pvt Ltd, Edappal.
- Head of Dept of OBG & Unit Director- CIMAR EDAPPAL & CIMAR COCHIN
- National Board Post Graduate training centre in OBG .
- FOGSI Recognized advanced infertility training centre.
- FOGSI Recognized laparoscopic training centre .
- FOGSI Recognized USG Training centre.
- Fellowship in Advanced Infertility Management
Started Edappal Hospitals as 25 bedded hospital in 1990 at Edappal, Malappuram District Kerala. Now it is running as a multispeciality hospital with more than 250 beds and 500 staff.
Started CIMAR ( Centre for infertility and assisted reproduction ) EDAPPAL in 1996 , the centre behind 1st ICSI baby of North Kerala and 1st recombinant FSH baby of India .
Started CIMAR FETOMATERNAL in 2000 as one of the first centers dedicated to Fetomaternal Medicine in Kerala with facilities for Genetic Lab, level 3 Ultrasound scanning and management of High Risk Pregnancies. This centre performed the First Intra-Uterine Fetal Transfusion in Kerala and has done the First Laser Assisted Embryo Biopsy and Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis for Embryo Selection and a live baby born through it in India. Now the hospital has started a new centre in Kochi called CIMAR COCHIN where even the latest facilities like IMSI (Intracytoplasmic Morphologically selected Sperm Injection), IVM ( Invitro Maturation).etc are available.
About Dr Gopinathan:
Dr K K Gopinathan had stated his career in Government Service and worked with the same for almost 13yrs at various Government Hospitals. Later he started Edappal Hospitals Pvt Ltd in 1990 and started working as the chief consultant and Director of the Hospital. He is now the Head of the Dept of OBG and Director of CIMAR. He has done more than 25,000 laparoscopic surgeries including sterilization. He is the first laparoscopic surgeon of Kerala state Health Service and has supervised over 50,000 deliveries . He was the former state president of Kerala Association of Gynecological Endoscopist( KAGE). Federation of Obsterics and Gynaecologist Societies of India (FOGSI) has recognized him as Laparoscopic trainer . He is the only one recognized in Malabar as trainer , National Board of examinations has recognized Dr K K Gopinath as trainer of DNB candidate , which is equivalent to MD Gynecology.
CIMAR (Center for Infertility Management and Assisted Reproduction )
Specialties of the centre
- Advanced ART ( Assisted Reproductive Technique )
- ICSI (Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection ).ICSI is superior method of IVF both IVF and ICSI are forms of ART Treatment.
- IVM ( InVitro Maturation)
- IMSI ( Intracytoplasmic Morpologically selected Sperm Injection), Is the second centre in India and the first one to have this system in the South India.
- Oocyte & Embryo Cryopreservation.
- All Laproscopic Surgeries.
- All procedures like Amnicentesis, CVS, Fetal Blood Sampling, Intra Uterine Blood Transfusion, al Fetal Reduction, Amnioreduction etc
- Level 3 USG Scanning for Fetal Anomalies, Fetal ECHO etc
- Combined Counseling with Obstetrician, Radiologist, Dysmorphologist, & Geneticist.
- Genetic Lab: All routine Karyotyping, and Prenatal Karyotyping, FISH, PCR for Y Deletion.
- PGD – pre implantation genetic diagnosis CIMAR is the second institution in INDIA to do PGD and achieve a pregnancy during an ART cycle.This is the method by which one can diagnosis genetically abnormal embryos before it transferred to the mother it helps to improve the pregnancy rate and reduce the genetic anomaly
- CIMAR is the only one centre on the whole of India having all these facilities under one roof
- From 1996 to up to date about 30000 couples are counseled and treated at CIMAR more than 10000 Laparoscopic Surgeries have been conducted in CIMAR , about 3000 ART treatment (IVF/ICSI) have been done in CIMAR.
- A total about 7000 babies are born out of treatment form CIMAR which includes more than 1000 ICSI babies.
Positions Held :
- Past-President of KAGE (Kerala Association of Gynecological Endoscopist)
- Organizing Chairperson – ISAR 2010 (15th Annual Congress of Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction).
- Present Infertility Committee Chairman KFOG (Kerala Federation of Obstetrician & Gynecologist).
- Present South Zone Co-ordinator of ISAR (Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction)
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)- Member
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) - Member
- Federation of Obstetrics & Gynecology Society of India (FOGSI) – Member
- Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR) – Member
- Indian Association of Gynecological Endoscopist (IAGE) - Member
- Indian Society of Prenatal Diagnosis & Therapy (ISPAT) - Member
- Kerala Federation of Obstetrics & Gynecology (KFOG) – Member
- Regular Faculty on Several National & State level Conferences like
- AICOG- All India Congress of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- ISAR Conferences.
- IAGE Conferences.
- Yuva FOGSI
- DAKSHIN Conference
- AKCOG – All Kerala Congress of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Indian Association of fertility and sterility first national congress on HORMONES AND Human Reproduction 1980
- Several Society Meetings in Kerala & Tamil Nadu.
- Gold Medal for the best Paper Presentation - "Laparoscopic Sterilization in Post Partum Patients An Overveiw" at AKCOG 2001.
- Gold Medal for the best Paper Presentation – "Laparoscopic Ovarian Wedge Resection" at both AKCOG 2005, AICOG 2006
- Modern Management of Oliogospermia – An Overview- Current Practice in Obstetrics & Gynecology by Dr Pankaj Desai.
- Ovarian Hyper stimulation Syndrome – Asian Journal of Obs & Gynec Practice Vol:3 July September 2008.
- A Chapter on Varies Needle Injuries in Textbook on complications in Gynecological Surgery by Shobhana M (FOGSI – Jaypee) Genetics & Male Infertility in KFOG Journal Volume 1 No 4 February 2005.
- Prevention of Ovarian Hyper stimulation Syndrome in TOGS ( Thrissur Obstetrics & Gynecological Society) Bulletin Volume 1, No:4 June 2005
- How to Improve ART results in COGS ( Cochin Obstetrics & Gynecological Society) Bulletin Volume 1 June2005
- PCOS Update 1 –Prevention of OHSS
- Cabergolin – New Drug in O&G in TOGS Bulletin Volume 3, No1 April 2007