Infertility diagnosis is performed initially, by collecting complete medical history and physical examination. It will then followed by diagnostic tests for infertility. The common tests are urine tests, blood tests, hormone levels testing etc.
Diagnosis for male as a part of infertility treatment
- Semen Analysis – Is the first and most important investigation while evaluating a man. It is also important that you do a semen analysis in a standardized lab following all precautions. This is a infertility diagnosis that can show high variation and for the same reason, treatment should not be started based on one semen analysis.
- Hormonal testing is another infertility diagnosis done to rule out other hormonal abnormalities and also the functional capacity of the test is to produce sperms.
- Genetic tests are also done in cases of severe male factor abnormality.
- Testicular Biopsy can be done as an infertility diagnosis in situation to confirm the presence of sperms in the testis in cases of Azoospermia (no sperms in semen sample).
What are the infertility diagnosis for female in the treatment?
The tests for female in infertility treatment may be the following:
- Ovulation testing – is the primary infertility diagnosis done in the form of a follicular study (repeated trans-vaginal scans around the period of ovulation) to confirm the presence and pattern of ovulation.
- Ultrasound diagnosis is also done to evaluate the uterus and ovaries to rule out presence of fibroids, cysts, endometriosis, uterine abnormalities etc. that causes infertility.
- Tubal evaluation by Hysterosalpingography or Saline Sonosalpingography can be done and we can rule out any block in the tubes and also the uterine cavity.
- Hormonal evaluation can be done to assess the ovarian reserve testing and also to rule out any endocrine problems.
- Diagnostic Hystero-Laparoscopy – Is a infertility diagnosis procedure done not only to diagnose any problem inside the abdomen which cannot be diagnosed on ultrasound but also to treat the patient. It is done when there is some suspected adhesions, previous surgeries or sometimes to right of flimsy adhesions.
Embryo Transfer >>
Procedures in IVF treatment >>
Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI) >>
IVF Treatment >>
Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) >>
Complications in IVF treatment >>
Infertility Treatment >>
Infertility Diagnosis >>
What causes infertility? >>
Female Infertility >>
Male Infertility >>
Fertility Medication >>
Ovulation Analysis >>
Fertility Ultrasound Assessment >>
Fertility Age >>
Semen Analysis >>
Laparoscopy in Infertility Treatment >>