Fertility Ultrasound AssessmentThe role of ultrasound in treating infertility
Fertility ultrasound assessment – Transvaginal sonography is one of the indispensable investigation as far as infertility patient is concerned. It is non-invasive and the single test that parallels to clinical assessment.
Application of ultrasound in fertility diagnosis
Work up of infertility
- Assessing the antral follicle count/ovarian reserve cycle monitoring or prediction of ovulation.
- Ovarian pathologies (PCOS, cysts, tumors).
- Adnexal pathologies (hydrosalpinx).
- Abnormalities of uterus (congenital/acquired).
- Endometrial pathologies (intrauterine adhesions, polyps, submucous fibroids.
- Assessment of tubal patency (sonosalpingography).
Assisted Reproductive Technology/Technique (ART)
- Monitoring ovarian response.
- Oocyte retrieval, embryo transfer.
Male Infertility (limited role)
- Scrotal ultrasound and Doppler.
- Varicocele, epididymal abnormalities, undescended testis.
- Obstructive azoospermia.
- Evaluate physical causes of erectile dysfunction.
Early Pregnancy Scanning
- Do detach location of pregnancy.
- of fetus/sac.
- Viability of fetus.
- Calculate the gestation of pregnancy.
Embryo Transfer >>
Procedures in IVF treatment >>
Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI) >>
IVF Treatment >>
Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) >>
Complications in IVF treatment >>
Infertility Treatment >>
Infertility Diagnosis >>
What causes infertility? >>
Female Infertility >>
Male Infertility >>
Fertility Medication >>
Ovulation Analysis >>
Fertility Ultrasound Assessment >>
Fertility Age >>
Semen Analysis >>
Laparoscopy in Infertility Treatment >>