Infertility diagnosis is performed initially, by collecting complete medical history and physical examination. It will then followed by diagnostic tests for infertility. The common tests are urine tests, blood tests, hormone levels testing etc.
Diagnosis for male as a part of infertility treatment
- Semen Analysis – Is the first and most important investigation while evaluating a man. It is also important that you do a semen analysis in a standardized lab following all precautions. This is a infertility diagnosis that can show high variation and for the same reason, treatment should not be started based on one semen analysis.
- Hormonal testing is another infertility diagnosis done to rule out other hormonal abnormalities and also the functional capacity of the test is to produce sperms.
- Genetic tests are also done in cases of severe male factor abnormality.
- Testicular Biopsy can be done as an infertility diagnosis in situation to confirm the presence of sperms in the testis in cases of Azoospermia (no sperms in semen sample).
What are the infertility diagnosis for female in the treatment?
The tests for female in infertility treatment may be the following:
- Ovulation testing – is the primary infertility diagnosis done in the form of a follicular study (repeated trans-vaginal scans around the period of ovulation) to confirm the presence and pattern of ovulation.
- Ultrasound diagnosis is also done to evaluate the uterus and ovaries to rule out presence of fibroids, cysts, endometriosis, uterine abnormalities etc. that causes infertility.
- Tubal evaluation by Hysterosalpingography or Saline Sonosalpingography can be done and we can rule out any block in the tubes and also the uterine cavity.
- Hormonal evaluation can be done to assess the ovarian reserve testing and also to rule out any endocrine problems.
- Diagnostic Hystero-Laparoscopy – Is a infertility diagnosis procedure done not only to diagnose any problem inside the abdomen which cannot be diagnosed on ultrasound but also to treat the patient. It is done when there is some suspected adhesions, previous surgeries or sometimes to right of flimsy adhesions.
Statistics say that about eighty percent of the couple that approach for infertility treatment can be treated by counselling alone and it is only twenty percent of them that require some form of infertility treatment.
Infertility is not a disease but a condition where in a particular couple is not able to conceive. Infertility problems in a couple can be due to either the woman or the man, or it can be even due to problems in both ….
Infertility diagnosis is performed initially, by collecting complete medical history and physical examination. It will then followed by diagnostic tests for infertility. The common tests are urine tests, blood tests, …….
As the age increases the ovarian reserve (total no of eggs) in the ovary will significantly come down (especially after 33 years) and there seems to be issues in women like fibroid, endometriosis etc which ……
IVF Treatment Procedures
IVF (Invitro Fertilisation) refers to a procedure where women’s egg are removed and fertilized with man’s sperm outside the body in the laboratory. The embryos thus formed are then put back into the uterus ….
Intra Uterine Insemination
IUI and AI are one and the same fertility treatment. A small tube is used to place specially washed sperm directly into the uterus. While fertility drugs are not always used during IUI, most doctors ……
While every fertility clinic’s IVF protocol will be slightly different and IVF treatment are adjusted for a couple’s individual needs, here is a step-by-step breakdown of what generally takes place during an ……
With ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), though, the ovaries become dangerously enlarged with fluid. This fluid can leak in to the belly and chest area, leading to complications. If your doctor …..
Female infertility include problems with ovulation, damage to fallopian tubes or uterus or problems with cervix. Age is another major issue that contribute to infertility because when a women ages, her fertility …….
The objective of the fertility treatment is optimization of outcome with minimization is opting of risk. A flexible dosing during stimulation is essential for optimizing the cycle outcome.
Ovulation analysis is the process by which the fertility is assessed to find the fertile window and general assessment. Various methods exist for ovulation testing. Various methods exist for ovulation testing.
It is used to know whether the fallopian tubes of the patient are blocked and whether blockage is at the junction of tube of uterus (proximal) or at the distal end. Radiographic contrast dye is …….
Cryopreserving agents that minimize damage to the cells during freezing and thawing process. Semen cryopreservation also called sperm banking is a procedure to preserve sperm cells.
Transvaginal sonography is one of the indispensable investigation as far as infertility patient is concerned. It is non-invasive and the single test that parallels to clinical assessment. Assessing the …..
As the women gets older the incidence of chromosomally abnormal eggs increases dramatically. The mecoha spindle is a critical component of eggs that is involved in organising the chromosome ….
All the macroscopic parameters in semen analysis, denote the functional capacity of the necessary male organs namely seminal vesicles, prostate and whether or if the whole tract from testes to the …..
In general, semen analysis, hysterosalpingogram, assessment of ovulation and ovarian reserve should be the initial investigations and if no cause of infertility found, laparoscopy should be done.
Anything that effect the hypothalamus pituitary endocrine system which regulates the sperm production can be detrimental. There are also a wide variety of physical problems like varicocele, ……
Infertility Specialty Doctors
Ask a Doctor
You can ask a doctor regarding your treatment queries. Type in your name, email address, your message to a doctor and click ‘Submit’ button.